Head of New Market Development, GIG Car Share
A3Ventures was established by AAA to design, build, and launch new businesses. Over 100 years ago, AAA was born of disruptive forces, when the automobile began to replace the horse and buggy. Today, global megatrends are at it again, with self-driving cars, collaborative consumption, and the IoT fostering disruptive business models and changing consumer behavior. These advancements in technology create large societal benefits, and they also represent an existential threat to AAA’s current business model.
With this in mind, A3V was established as a physically and operationally autonomous unit to embrace change and launch and scale a portfolio of new businesses. A3’s unique link to AAA – one of America’s most trusted brands, loyal 50+ million Member franchise, omni-channel distribution network, and culture of service – enables us to scale new solutions far more quickly than otherwise possible. We are an organization whose legacy is built upon service, not profits, uniquely positioning us to be a trusted source of physical and digital solutions that help people make sense of a rapidly changing, complex, and connected world.
The first new venture to be launched by A3V is a one-way car share business – positioned at the intersecting trends of mobility, collaborative consumption, and sustainability. We are looking for a Head of New Market Development to join our founding team. As Head of New Market Development, you will lead regulatory and policy initiatives and build public and private partnerships, enabling rapid expansion into new markets.
What you’ll do:
- Set strategy: Develop the roadmap for rolling out the car share venture to new markets
- Research markets: Lead regulatory, policy, industry, and consumer research in new markets
- Engage community: Identify, propose, and engage community leaders in new markets
- Develop B2B partnerships: Identify and develop B2B partnerships in existing and new markets
- Launch markets: Manage the launch plan of the car share venture in new markets
Why work for us?
- Impact. Reinvent AAA and the services we deliver to 50+ million Members whose lives we help improve.
- Development. Our team is designed to incubate not just business concepts but also business leaders.
- Recognition. We offer a competitive total compensation package including salary, performance bonus, benefits, and 401(k) company match and
- discretionary contributions.
- Lifestyle. We do honorable work, and we practice our values: respect, integrity, teamwork, and service.
What you need to succeed:
- 8+ years combined leadership experience in public policy and business development
- Bachelor’s degree required, and an MBA is strongly preferred
- Experience building a pipeline of prospective partnerships
- Pitch development experience
- Negotiation and deal closing experience
- Contract and business plan development experience
- Experience setting and then meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Experience presenting to public officials
- You use good judgment, and you contribute to strategy and align your actions to support it.
- You apply disciplined fact-based judgment, balance rewards and risks, and deliver on commitments.
- You build a high performing team with heart, and you embrace diversity to develop strong teams.
- You have excellent communication skills, including verbal, business writing, and presentation skills.
- You are a problem solver and you’re able to make smart simplifying assumptions
- You have superior analytical skills, and you consistently demonstrate structured thinking.
- You know how to evolve your thinking and strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
- You have excellent interpersonal and teaming skills and the ability to work well with a range of people.
- You have a professional demeanor and apply the right tone based on who you are speaking with.
- You have exceptional organizational, planning, and project management skills.
- You exhibit strong attention to detail, follow-through, and accountability.
- You have a strong interest in mobility, urbanization, sustainability, and community building.