Home Maintenance Technician
Core Job Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate with clients.
- Assess the maintenance needs to a wide variety of single-family homes, troubleshoot issues relating to minor electrical, plumbing, HVAC, roofing, appliances, systems and carpentry.
- Catalog a variety of systems, take photos where relevant.
- Enable efficient use of time to minimize non-billable hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous license in a construction trade preferred
- Basic understanding and hands-on familiarity with a wide range of residential plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency in professional use of written and verbal English
- Comfortable with electronic resources
- Valid CA driver’s license
- Bilingual preferred
- Must be able to work in an indoor/outdoor environment where seasonal temperature changes can range from freezing to extreme heat
- Vision requirements include both close range and long distance vision
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined spaces
- Must be able to endure walking, squatting, bending, balancing, climbing, kneeling, crawling and prolonged standing
- Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand tools
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years in residential construction, building, maintenance, home inspection or estate management