Manager, Autonomous Vehicles Business Development
Advancements in autonomous driving technology have the potential to create large societal benefits. Our team’s mandate is to continue to evolve AAA’s value propositions over the next decade, driving and executing against the company’s strategy to be a trusted leader in autonomous vehicle safety. For example, our team launched the country’s first autonomous shuttle on public roads, operates GoMentum Station (the nation’s largest testing facility for autonomous technology) and is leading the industry in the development of safety criteria for evaluating autonomous vehicles.
We are looking for a proactive and energetic sales and business development Manager to identify prospective partners/customers, develop strong relationships and close new business deals for AAA’s innovative AV safety products and services.
Why work for us?
- Impact. Play a key role in enabling the adoption of autonomous vehicles while reinventing AAA and the value propositions we deliver to 5.8M Members.
- Development. Our team is designed to incubate business concepts and business leaders. We intend for you to demonstrate your capabilities and leadership skills and earn rapid advancement.
- Recognition. We offer a competitive total compensation package including salary, performance bonus, benefits, and 401(k) company match and discretionary contributions.
- Lifestyle. We do honorable work, and we practice our values: humility, integrity, teamwork, and service.
What you’ll do
Your accountabilities will include:
- Market Analysis. You will identify and evaluate target customer segments (OEMs, AV technology startups, AV deployments…) and customer acquisition strategies for AAA’s AV safety products and services.
- Pipeline Development. You will seek, establish and maintain relationships within identified segments to discuss business opportunities, converting a target number of customers.
- New Business. You will negotiate contracts and close new business deals.
- Collaborate with Cross-Functional Teams: You will work closely with business operations to incorporate customer needs in the product/service development, integrate contract requirements, and support marketing in developing the right strategy to reach the right audience with excellent execution.
What you need to succeed:
- You have a bachelor’s degree and preferably an MBA, too.
- You have 7+ years of experience in business development, sales, operations and/or strategy.
- You have the ability to discuss autonomous and new mobility technologies.
- You can listen to the customer, develop insights and effectively communicate them externally and internally.
- You know how to develop and implement a structured path for new sales funnels.
- You are a skilled relationship builder and can identify, explore and negotiate mutually beneficial partnerships.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and can make sense of the ambiguous.
- You have excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- You exhibit strong analytical skills to support negotiations and strategic decisions.
- You exhibit strong attention to detail, follow-through, and accountability.